More practical tips to develop your digital reach from Eimer Duffy
As a funeral director you understand the importance of connecting with families in your community. And providing them with the support they need during their time of loss.
When it comes to being online, one effective way to do this is by leveraging the power of YouTube, the second most popular search engine after Google.
YouTube has a wealth of benefits for funeral professionals looking to build their online presence and reach a wider audience. You can create both short-form (YouTube Shorts like Instagram Reels and TikTok), and long-form videos to showcase your funeral home and provide valuable information.
You can also repurpose and post your video content on other social media channels. This saves you time and effort, while allowing you to reach an even larger audience.
What are some of the real benefits?
● Improved reputation – can improve your funeral home’s reputation and credibility, attracting more families to your services
● Cost-effectiveness – Creating video content can be cost-effective, especially when compared to traditional marketing methods
● Measurable results – Allows you to track the success of your efforts and make informed decisions about future marketing and video strategies
The key is to provide videos that are both helpful and engaging. As well as informative and educational content.
● Planning a funeral – A series of videos that guide families through the funeral planning process. Can be a valuable resource for those who are unfamiliar with the process
● Grief support resources – A series of videos that offer tips and advice on coping with grief can be a valuable resource for those who are struggling
● Behind the scenes – A series of behind-the-scenes videos that showcase the day-to-day work of a funeral director. This can give families a better understanding of the industry and the services offered
● Q&A sessions – A series can provide families with answers to their questions about funeral planning and the industry
By including YouTube in your funeral home marketing strategy, you have the ability to reach a wider audience. And build stronger relationships with families leading to growth of your funeral business.
Find out more
For more tips on YouTube for your funeral business, let’s have a chat. I’m an International Supplier Member of the NAFD and you can find out more at www.fitsocialmedia.ie. I’m on YouTube on The Let’s Get Social Show and of course on social media.